The Tuscarora Center has six goals:
- To serve as a resource center
and depository for information about Tuscarora culture, language &
- Promote American Indian Studies courses
in North Carolina's public schools.
- Acquire land for the purpose of creating a cultural and historical
museum honoring the Tuscarora and other Eastern North
Carolina Indian Nations of past and present.
- Encourage local Indian youth
to become visible Indian role models.
- Ensure that the media, as well as the
public and private sector, remembers this nations First People and
honors them during American Indian Heritage Month (November).
- Encourage public to supply articles of clothing, goods and services meeting
needs of Native People.